5 Mistakes To Avoid in Today's Real Estate Market
Here are five critical real estate mistakes you should avoid at all costs.
It’s no secret that our current real estate market is crazy, and I have been seeing a lot of people make common mistakes. Here are five things that you need to avoid in this market:
1. Overpricing your home. Even in this market, overpricing can lead to a home sitting stagnant on the market. If buyers see that, they'll begin to wonder if something is wrong with it, and they'll eventually move on.
2. Lowballing your dream home. If you see a home that you really want, don’t go cheap on the offer. Starting with a low offer can work in a different market, but you can’t afford to do it now.
3. Waiving your home inspection. This is a hot topic in today’s market where buyers are competing to stand out. I highly recommend a home inspection with any home purchase because there’s nothing worse than being stuck with a home that has major issues.
4. Withholding information from your agent. If you have certain things you want in a home, make sure your agent knows upfront. If you wait until the end, a deal you have in place could fall apart. I’ve seen it happen many times, and I don’t want it to happen to you.
5. Choosing the wrong agent. When you’re navigating this tricky market, you want to work with an expert. Friendship is great, but you don’t want your loyalty to cost you money. Pick an expert that knows the local market like the back of their hand.
If you want to make sure you don’t fall into these traps, I highly recommend hiring a professional who can help you. If you have questions about this topic or anything else related to real estate, don’t hesitate to reach out via phone email today. I look forward to hearing from you soon.